This is a paper that is focusing on the Aboriginal activist Gary Foley change and continuity arguments. The paper also provides additional information to use in writing the assignment paper.
Answer ONE of the following essay questions:
1) Aboriginal activist Gary Foley has declared that any engagement with the government or the dominant economy is ‘anti-Aboriginal’ and assimilatory. Countering these Aboriginal leaders such as Warren Mundine and Marcia Langton have argued that the ‘mythical noble savage ideal of Indigenous Australia’ is detrimental to contemporary Aboriginal people. On the one hand it is argued that Aboriginality is fixed in the past and on the other that Aboriginality changes. Through your understanding of notions of cultural ‘change and continuity’ and essentialism critically evaluate both arguments and illustrate your answer with appropriate examples.
2) It is argued and to a certain extent borne out by statistical data, that policies introduced in the early 1970s based on self-determination have not delivered better outcomes for Aboriginal people. Critically discuss this claim by • evaluating the benefits and costs associate with self-determination. Explaining what self-determination is and evaluating the range of views being expressing about self-determination. Page 5 HAB102 Contemporary Indigenous Australia
3) Noel Pearson asserts that the ‘legacy of colonisation’ argument is not an adequate explanation for the current health status of many Indigenous people. Critically assess this claim. In your answer identify and explain the range of causal factors that impact on the health of Indigenous people and demonstrate how these factors interrelate to contribute to poor health outcomes. In your answer consider initiatives that are attempting to improve the health profile.
4) One of the recommendations of the 1997 Bringing them Home report was to implement an Indigenous Child Placement Principle (ICPP). To guide the placement of children requiring out-of-home care. Critically discuss the rationale behind the Principle, explain why it is consider important, and also evaluate its outcomes. In your answer, you may also like to consider arguments about transracial placements in comparable countries such as North America.
5) A sound education is regard as essential for Indigenous students in order to redress disadvantage. However, it is a claim that contemporary education presents a ‘double bind’ for Indigenous students and is detrimental to their culture. Critically discuss this dilemma. In your answer outline initiatives, such as Aboriginal Learning Styles theory (Harris 1982) and culturally appropriate curriculum. That have attempted to address this dilemma and assess their capacity to do so.
Click Here To Download
The post Aboriginal activist Gary Foley change and continuity arguments appeared first on AssignmentHub.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.