3805NRS Health & Illness in the Older Person
Assessment 3: Poster & Written Justification
Word Count: 1500 words (50%)
Due Date: Week 10, Wednesday September 23rd, 2020.
Registered nurses work with individuals, groups and communities to improve health. One way to do this is to analyse how risks to health can be reduced during changes to natural, social and/ or governmental elements in our society. As clinical leaders, registered nurses are expected to collect information about an emerging health risk from a variety of sources and collate this information into a meaningful analysis with recommendations for a specific audience. The audience for these analyses can be the public, older people or carers of older people, or nurses working in a range of practice contexts.
The ability of registered nurses to communicate and educate using a variety of methods is an important skill and responsibility. This assignment provides an opportunity to engage in a patient education exercise commonly used by registered nurses, by developing a risk reduction poster for an identified health risk to older people, targeted at a particular audience, supported by an evidence-based written justification.
In this task you can apply the knowledge you have gained from your study of modules 1 (demographics & epidemiology of ageing), 2 (changing patterns of disease in older adults & nursing interventions), and 3 (changes to natural, social and/or governmental elements in society).
There are two parts to this assignment. You must complete both parts.
Part 1 is a one-sided A4 size poster (300 words) that is designed to educate a chosen audience (select one – patients or families or staff) about, and reduce the risk of, an identified health risk to older people, and
Part 2 is a written justification (1200 words) that includes evidence to support the information contained in the poster.
The total word allocation for this assignment is 1500 words.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POSTER AND JUSTIFICATION?
Part 1 – On your poster you must:
1. Identify a health risk for a specific older adult population (aged over 65 years or over 55 years if Australia’s First People);
2. Recommend and justify the nursing requirements for older people diagnosed with, or at risk of, complex health conditions and/or cognitive decline associated with this health risk; and
3. Identify changes in the environment (natural, social and governmental) that put at risk the health of older people.
Part 2 – In your justification you must:
1. Provide a rationale and supporting evidence for the selection of the health risk in the specified older adult population, and
2. Justify your selection of the audience, included content, implications for nursing care related to change in environment, and the relevancy of selected poster features for your target audience.
3. Evaluate the implications for nursing care related to changes in the environment (natural, social and governmental) that have an impact on the health of older people.
Instructions for poster & written justification presentation and formatting:
• The poster must be one A4 page and may be portrait or landscape.
• Follow the YouTube video guidelines provided for creating your poster.
• Font must be greater than, or equal to, 10-point font.
• The poster must contain the author name (your name) and student number.
• Sources for images not taken by the author must be shown.
• The poster must allow at least a 1 cm margin from each edge of the slide.
• References for in-text citations must be presented in a final reference list at the end of the written justification.
• There is no need to present your reference list on the poster.
• The assignment submission Poster & Written Justification must be uploaded as a PDF document (saves formatting).
• Follow the YouTube video guidelines for saving your assignment as a PDF format.
• The poster and written justification must be collated into one document before submission via TURNITIN.
• Present your work according to Academic standards: Always refer to the Griffith Health Writing and Referencing Guide.
? Use academic language and health specific terminology throughout.
? You may use headings to organise your work
? Use the third person in your writing
? Refer to the marking guidelines when writing your assignment. This will assist you in calculating the weightings of the sections for your assignment.
• It is important that you maintain confidentiality as per University guidelines and include no identifying demographic information about patients, colleagues or institutions. Please use pseudonyms.
• A minimum of ten (10) different sources from the scholarly literature should inform your poster / written justification.
• Ensure that you use scholarly literature (digitised readings, research articles, relevant Government reports and textbooks) that has been predominantly published within the last 5 years.
• Include your references on a new page, correctly formatted as per APA7 and the Griffith Health Writing and Referencing Guide
• You do not need to submit a University Assignment Coversheet.
• Complete the Electronic cover sheet after which the Final submission point will appear.
• You do need to include a correctly formatted title page – State your actual word count (excluding your reference list) on the Assignment Title Page (refer to the Griffith Health Writing and Referencing Guide).
• Save in multiple places.
• Submit your assessment electronically via TURNITIN on your Learning@Griffith site / Assessment Tab/ Assignment 2: Care Plan Final
• Markers will stop marking your assignment once the word limit is reached.
3805NRS Assignment 3: Poster & Written Justification, Marking Guidelines
CRITERIA POSSIBLE MARK
CRITERION ONE: Part 1 – Poster
• A health risk for a specific older adult population (aged over 65 years or over 55 years if Australian First Peoples) is clearly identified (8 marks).
• Recommend and justify the nursing requirements for older people diagnosed with, or at risk of, complex health conditions and/or cognitive decline associated with this health risk (12 marks).
• Identify changes in the environment (natural, social and governmental) that place the health of older people at risk (10 marks). /30
CRITERION TWO: Part 2 – Written Justification
• The rationale for the selection of health risk for a specified audience is supported using evidence-based research (10 marks).
• Justify your selection of the audience, included content, implications for nursing care related to change in environment, and the relevancy of selected poster features for your target audience (15 marks).
• The implications for nursing care related to changes in the environment (natural, social and governmental) that impact the health of older people are evaluated (15 marks).
CRITERION THREE: Evidence & Academic Writing
• The rationale for the poster elements including audience, content and relevant features for the chosen audience is logically developed using scholarly sources (10 marks).
• Ten (10) different sources from the scholarly literature are sourced (10 marks).
CRITERION FOUR: Presentation & Referencing
• The writing is clear, concise & free of APA (7th ed) errors.
• Word limits for assessment items are strictly adhered to.
• Correct spelling, grammar, and well-constructed sentence and paragraph structure.
The post As clinical leaders, registered nurses are expected to collect information about an emerging health risk from a variety of sources and collate this information into a meaningful analysis with recommendations for a specific audience. The audience for these analyses can be the public, older people or carers of older people, or nurses working in a range of practice contexts. appeared first on Versed Writers.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.