Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines
Trimester T2 2020
Unit Code HS2021
Unit Title HS2021 Database Design and Use
Assessment Type Group Assignment
Assessment Title Database Design 2
Purpose of the
assessment (with ULO Mapping)
a) Define, interpret and evaluate different relational database terms.
b) Apply problem solving using SQL knowledge and skill.
c) Contribute and influence business decisions by consolidating valuable information from database.
Weight 25% of the total assessments
Total Marks 25
Word limit N/A
Due Date Week 11
Submission Guidelines • All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page. Submissions made after the due date and time will be penalized per day late (including weekend days) according to Holmes Institute policies.
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 11-pt Calibri (Body) font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings.
• Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using Harvard or IEEE referencing style.
• The SafeAssign similarity score will be used in determining the level, if any, of plagiarism. SafeAssign will check conference web-sites, Journal articles, the Web and your own class members’ submissions for plagiarism. You can see your SafeAssign similarity score (or match) when you submit your assignment to the appropriate drop-box. If this is a concern you will have a chance to change your assignment and resubmit. However, resubmission is only allowed prior to the submission due date and time. After the due date and time have elapsed your assignment will be graded as late. Submitted assignments that indicate a high level of plagiarism will be penalized according to the Holmes Academic Misconduct policy, there will be no exceptions.
1. You have just been employed by the ROBCOR Trucking Company to develop a database. To gain a sense of the database’s intended functions, you have spent some time talking to ROBCOR’s employees and you’ve examined some of the forms used to track driver assignments and truck maintenance. Your notes include the following observations:
• Some drivers are qualified to drive more than one type of truck operated by ROBCOR. A driver may, therefore, be assigned to drive more than one truck type during some period of time. ROBCOR operates several trucks of a given type. For example, ROBCOR operates two panel trucks, four half-ton pick-up trucks, two single-axle dump trucks, one double-axle truck, and one 16-wheel truck. A driver with a chauffeur’s license is qualified to drive only a panel truck and a half-ton pick-up truck and, thus, may be assigned to drive any one of six trucks. A driver with a commercial license with an appropriate heavy equipment endorsement may be assigned to drive any of the nine trucks in the ROBCOR fleet. Each time a driver is assigned to drive a truck, an entry is made in a log containing the employee number, the truck identification, and the sign-out (departure) date. Upon the driver’s return, the log is updated to include the sign-in (return) date and the number of driver duty hours.
• If trucks require maintenance, a maintenance log is filled out. The maintenance log includes the date on which the truck was received by the maintenance crew. The truck cannot be released for service until the maintenance log release date has been entered and the log has been signed off by an inspector.
• All inspectors are qualified mechanics, but not all mechanics are qualified inspectors.
• Once the maintenance log entry has been made, the maintenance log number is transferred to a service log in which all service log transactions are entered. A single maintenance log entry can give rise to multiple service log entries. For example, a truck might need an oil change as well as a fuel injector replacement, a brake adjustment, and a fender repair.
• Each service log entry is signed off by the mechanic who performed the work. To track the maintenance costs for each truck, the service log entries include the parts used and the time spent to install the part or to perform the service. (Not all service transactions involve parts. For example, adjusting a throttle linkage does not require the use of a part.)
• All employees are automatically covered by a standard health insurance policy. However, ROBCOR’s benefits include optional co-paid term life insurance and disability insurance. Employees may select either options, one option, or no options.
Given those brief notes, create the ER diagram. Make sure you include all appropriate entities and relationships, and define all connectivities and cardinalities.
2. Use the database shown in Figure 1 to work Problems A-D.
Figure 1 library Database Tables
A. Write SQL code required to generate the tables in Figure 1 (4 Marks).
B. Write SQL code required to insert the data into the tables you created in Problem A.
C. Modify the BOOK table to include a new attribute which records the DATE_PUBLISHED. Write the SQL code required to update the DATE_PUBLISHED for the following books.
D. Write the query that will display the ISBN and title of all books that have been published for more than two years.
Marks are allocated for each part as above:
Marking Rubric for Assignment 1 Total Marks 15
Excellent Very Good Good Satisfactory Unsatisfactory
/2 Evidence of accurate and
well- written queries Evidence of good query writing skills. Generally relevant. Displayed reasonable query writing skills. Demonstrated little evidence of understanding the topic.
ed excellent ability to think critically. Demonstrated
an ability to think critically. Demonstrated reasonable ability to think. Demonstrat ed some ability to think critically but not complete. Did not
ability to think critically.
/2 Logic is clear and easy to follow. Consistency logical and convincing. Mostly consistent logical and convincing. Adequate cohesion and conviction. Arguments are confused and disjointed.
/5 All elements are present and very well integrated. Most of the components present and integrated. Components present and mostly well integrated. Most components present. Report lacks structure.
Excellent outstanding effort made. Extremely good effort. Good effort made but not outstanding. Made some effort. Very little attempt. Lazy effort with inaccuracies.
The post HS2021 Unit Title HS2021 Database Design and Use appeared first on Versed Writers.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.