- Project Review
Imagine that you have completed the same project discussed in your Project Performance assignment. You exceeded the project budget, but you were able to complete the project. However, you were over budget by 20% in terms of costs and completion date. Now, management has requested a review of your project.
Write an 8–10 page paper in which you:
- Provide a brief summary of your chosen project.
- Identify and analyze the process you would use to close out your project.
- Determine the main challenges that would occur during the project closeout process, and provide a strategy to address the challenges in question.
- Select and analyze another computer-based tool, other than MS Project and MS Office (e.g., Word, Excel), that you could use in order to manage project costs and scheduling.
- Speculate on the overall different project management strategies that you would apply, based on the tool that you have selected.
- Analyze whether continuous process improvements would have helped the delivery of your project. Provide a rationale to support your response.
- Speculate on whether using risk management techniques would have affected the delivery of your project.
- Support your response with at least two examples of using risk management techniques that would have helped you deliver your project on or under budget.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Propose processes, techniques, and tools that can improve the delivery of a project.