ECON Coursework – Short Answer Questions
Answer the following questions; each question is independent of the other. The responses must reflect critical-thinking and analysis. No introductions and conclusions are required. Responses for each question should be about 150 words.
References: 1-2 sources per question in APA (7th) format
1. What evidence can you find in recent news articles regarding strategies used by specific countries to strengthen their existing comparative advantages or to develop new comparative advantages in trade?
2. Relating to comparative advantage, how can governmental regulatory policies affect an industry’s international competitiveness? Provide an example of a Canadian industry.
3. What is the infant-industry argument for tariff protection? Briefly discuss the strengths and limitations of this rationale for tariffs. If new industries require support, what methods other than import tariffs might be used?
4. Relating to nontariff trade barriers, which tends to result in a greater welfare loss for the home economy: (a) an import quota levied by the home government or (b) a voluntary export quota imposed by the foreign government? (Use an example where necessary.)
5. Should countries decrease/increase trade barriers during economic downturns? Draw examples from previous recessions and/or downturns caused pandemics.
6. Research a developing nation, how are import substitution and export promotion policies used to aid in the industrialization of this country?
7. Relating to regional trading agreements, exploratory discussions on a possible Canada-ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) free trade agreement were started in 2017. What are the economic benefits this agreement would bring to both sides?
8. For multinational enterprises, what are the pros and cons of technology transfer to the host and source nation. Provide an example.
9. In foreign exchange markets, what is destabilizing speculation, and why does it pose problems for individuals, for firms, and for national governments?
The post What is the infant-industry argument for tariff protection? Briefly discuss the strengths and limitations of this rationale for tariffs. If new industries require support, what methods other than import tariffs might be used? appeared first on Essay Hotline.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.