Write three paragraphs about, 1. Central Idea, 2. Speaker and Tone, and 3. Setting. Use the “Parts of the Whole” definitions for these elements of poetry, which are defined in the Handout in Module one, and in the “Writing About Poetry” chapter in our Anthology. (A thorough and specific job is worth 10 of the 30 points) Here’s what you do:
1) In this paragraph define the meaning or central idea of the poem for your reader. What is the truth it speaks to you? What does it say to you about life and how we live? Ask yourself: what is the reading is really about? Then ask yourself what the poem or story says about its main idea. If it’s about love, what exactly do you hear it saying about love?? Why do you think so? This is not a right or wrong answer—be thoughtful and explain yourself with example. Think about it. Be thorough and specific.
2) In this paragraph use two words to describe the Speaker of the poem–use some adjectives and adverbs– (aged, young, angry, hopeful…). Even describe how you see him or her–what’s are the dominant characteristics of the voice you hear in the poem? Read the poem aloud or find a reading on YouTube. Use two words to describe the Tone of the poem. Did the speaker’s character create the tone? What part of the poem did the most to create this Tone for you? Think about it. Be thorough and specific.
3) In this paragraph describe the Setting–the time and place of the poem. How is the setting of the poem established by the poet? –quote the lines that set the setting in your mind. How does time and place color the tone and impact the meaning? Remember to consider the smaller and larger settings—time of day, rooms in the house, a political, social, natural, psychological environment? What are the connotations or associations of the setting and how has the poet used them to amplify the meaning? Give examples and be specific.
Hannay 2 2 – Use two paragraphs to talk about the experience of the poem. (A thorough and specific job is worth 10 of the 30 points) Here’s what to do:
1) Use two words to describe your feelings during and after reading. Think and explain for yourself and your reader why you think you had these feelings. Make a connection to your own experience in the world—from your life, or another reading, a song, someone you know—has the feeling and truth of the reading been true for you, someone you know? How? Not true—close but different in this way……
2) Find the heart of the reading and quote it. What was the most important line, or word(s) for you? What words do you remember most? Quote that part of the reading. Look at the list of types of Literary Language(listed below on page
3)–does it fit one of these definitions? Which one(s)? Look at it again and think and tell your reader what makes it powerful or memorable or important. Why? Does it remind you of something else you’ve experienced or read? A movie? A moment? For some reason this word choice–this image—stands out in my mind because….
The post Write three paragraphs about; Central Idea, Speaker and Tone, and Setting. appeared first on Essay Lane.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.